Monday, November 28, 2005

A set of lies. Nothing more.

What’s your name?

Daniel Greensur.

What's up?

Well…I guess a lot of things.

With your life?

My mother looked at me for the last time today. I can tell. She’s going to live a little bit longer, but she won’t be able to see me, not while she knows me. From now on, I’ll be a someone. And in some ways, so will she.

and your thoughts?

I don’t have them anymore. They’re useless.

and your face?

My face is clean, I guess. I used some new exfoliating thing, it seems to work pretty well. But it does kinda burn. A lot. Seriously. But the face is clean.

and your energy?

I run a lot more than I used to. The hospital has a lot of space up there on the roof, and more and more, I just seem to be up there. Not sure why sometimes. But I end up there, somehow, and I just keep running and running. Pointless. I don’t even know why I fucking do it. Does that count?

and your genitalia?

What? That’s…that’s not really…they’re fine. I guess.

and your mind?

My mind? I’m really not sure how I could answer that. Lately, I haven’t had the time to really do much brainwork, or work these things out, you know? I’ve just had too much on the plate. More important things. Let’s move on.

and your soul?

I’m a decent man. I am.

and your skin?

I never really gave it much attention. I guess it’s there. It’s doing it’s job, as much as it always has. Wrap-around. And yeah, it’s still there when I touch it. Still warm. Actually, now that you mention it, it’s kind of itchy. All over. On my whole body. It’s there.

and your taste?

Does that mean taste, like, the foods I know? Or is it what I like, in general? Or is it something grander, right, something like perception? Because I don’t know about this. I don’t know how I would really answer. Things like that…not up my alley. You understand.

and your insomnia?

Is it obvious? Around the eyes, I guess. I don’t like it when people notice.

and your sleep?

I really don’t like talking about it. You know? People look at you differently when they find out about your sleep habits. Like it bugs them, or like they want to help. It’s not their problem. Anyway, let’s not, ok? Didn’t I already answer that?

and your skill?

Heh. Haven’t used mine in awhile. Been busy, obviously. I mean, I had one. Everyone does, somewhere. With something.

and your head?

I, what? I don’t even know what that means. Can we hurry this up?

and your dreams?

Don’t.

and your life?

Look, man, I don’t know what this is about. I’ve been nice, and I talked, but this is just getting silly. You got what you wanted, right? Some guy, trying not to fall, letting the buzz of the lights annoy him awake? Move on, alright? There’s other people around.

Your life?

Shut up.

YOUR LIFE?

NO. MORE.

No more.

No more.




And so on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home